Local customisations of site-wide preferences
Site-level preferences are located in TWiki.TWikiPreferences
, however this Main.TWikiPreferences
prefs topic has override priority and should be used for local customisations. This allows for easier upgrades as you don't need to worry about the shipped preferences clobbering yours. It's easier to keep a handle on if you only copy over the settings you actually change.
Quick edit of existing preferences (edit the topic text to set new preferences)
FINALPREFERENCES locks site-level preferences that are not allowed to be overridden by WebPreferences or user preferences:
- Set FINALPREFERENCES = ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT, PREVIEWBGIMAGE, WIKITOOLNAME, WIKIHOMEURL, ALLOWROOTCHANGE, DENYROOTCHANGE, TWIKILAYOUTURL, TWIKISTYLEURL, TWIKICOLORSURL, USERSWEB, SYSTEMWEB, DOCWEB
- Users or groups who are not / are allowed to view / change / rename topics in this Wiki: (See TWikiAccessControl)
Default Web Preferences
- Web-specific background color: (is overwritten by web preferences)
- Copyright notice:
- Set WEBCOPYRIGHT = Copyright © 2015 by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Suggestions, requests, or problems finding IDEALS Resources? Send feedback
- Simplified Copyright notice for the WebRss feed (don't use any special characters, html tags, entities, wiki markup or WikiWords?)
- Set WEBRSSCOPYRIGHT = Copyright 2015 by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Set Maximum File Size for attachments (in KB)
- Set ATTACHFILESIZELIMIT = 50000
- Generated Table of Contents (TOC) settings
- The default TOC title:
- Set TOC_TITLE = Table of Contents
Default User Settings
- Show tool-tip topic info on mouse-over of WikiWord? links. Setting can be on, off, or customized. An empty setting or off setting disables the tool-tips (for better performance). The setting can contain $summary to show the topic summary, $date for the last change date, $rev for the revision, $username for the login name of the last editor, $wikiname for the WikiName?, $wikiusername for WikiName?, $topic for the topic name, and $web for the web name
TWiki Platform Settings
- TWiki site name:
- Set WIKITOOLNAME = IDEALS Wiki
- Image, URL and alternate tooltip text of the logo for this installation: you should change these settings for your site, or they can be overwridden in WebPreferences for individual webs by defining these variables there.
- Customization specific to IDEALS Wiki. This is an additional, right-aligned logo which is displayed in the TWiki.WebTopBar
- Set WEBRIGHTLOGOIMG =
- Set WEBRIGHTLOGOURL = http://www.illinois.edu/
- Set WEBRIGHTLOGOALT = Homepage of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Broadcast message for skins supporting a
%BROADCASTMESSAGE at the top of the page: (IMPORTANT: Set to empty message if not used; #Comment out unused messages) #* Set BROADCASTMESSAGE =
The IDEALS Wiki will be unavailable off-and-on 9am-5pm CST on Tuesday, February 5th as we migrate our Wiki to a new server. Please DO NOT EDIT the wiki during this timeframe as changes may be lost. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Skin overriding the default TWiki templates: (can be overwritten by WebPreferences and user preferences)
- Set SKIN = ideals,pattern
- The IDEALS Skin (ideals) referenced above is described in more detail at IdealsSkin .
- The TagMe Skin (tagme) referenced comes with the TagMePlugin .
- Custom overriding styles (enabled pr. default but empty, to prevent browsers from fetching /wiki/pub/IDEALS/IdealsCustomStyles/layout.css-style URLs). Currently all the custom CSS stylesheets are being linked off of the IDEALS.IdealsCustomStyles page (with the exception of the themes-colors.css which is automatically generated by the TWiki.PatternSkinColorSettings page).
- Set USERLAYOUTURL = /wiki/pub/IDEALS/IdealsCustomStyles/layout.css
- Set USERSTYLEURL = /wiki/pub/IDEALS/IdealsCustomStyles/style.css
- Set USERCOLORSURL = /wiki/pub/IDEALS/IdealsCustomStyles/colors.css
#* Set USERCOLORSURL = /wiki/pub/TWiki/PatternSkinColorSettings/theme-colors.css
- PatternSkin header settings
- Set WEBHEADERART =
- Set WEBHEADERBGCOLOR = #ffffff
Rendering Shortcuts Settings
- Graphics used in TWiki documentation - view all images in TWikiDocGraphics. (There are various ways to set up common icons as text variables. This is simply one quick approach.):
- Set H =
- Set I =
- Set M =
- Set N =
- Set P =
- Set Q =
- Set S =
- Set TODO =
- Set T =
- Set U =
- Set X =
- Set Y =
- Set HELP =
- Set INFO =
- Set QUESTION =
- Set NEW =
- Set STAR =
- Set TIP =
- Set UPDATED =
- Set WARNING =
- Set YES =
- Format of a NewWikiWord? link:
- Defaults Wiki Words to "create this topic!":
Topic revision: r11 - 10 Feb 2009 - 14:23:26 - TimDonohue