Getting Started with IDEALS (as a Group)
It is easy to set up space (or 'Community') in IDEALS for your scholarly or research unit whether formal (such as a department) or informal (such as a reading group).
- Contact IDEALS via email at ideal-gen@illinois[PLEASENOSPAM].edu or by phone at 217-244-3877 or 217-333-4648 to get started setting up a community. We can either set up a community over the phone or meet to discuss IDEALS in more detail.
- To ensure that the type of material you would like to include in your community meets the IDEALS criteria, review the:
- Email ideals-gen@illinois[PLEASENOSPAM].edu with the following information:
- Basic information about the community, including name, requesting organization/unit, and a brief description of the type of material to be included
- Name of the community liaison (the administrator for the community)
- If you would like IDEALS staff to set up the structure of the community (in terms of sub-communities and collections), an outline of those
- If you will want individuals or a group to have permissions to deposit into collections or to manage sub-communities and collections, the netIDs of those people (you can manage this task yourself as well). IDEALS staff can also use Active Directory groups to do this.
- Any other special arrangements that you need such as access restrictions
- IDEALS staff will get back to you as quickly as possible!
If you are unsure, please contact us