|Description|| The Illinois Digital Environment for Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS) disseminates, preserves, and provides persistent and reliable access to the research and scholarship of faculty, staff, and students on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus.
IDEALS provides an environment that allows faculty, staff, and students (as well as the schools, departments, and research centers to which they belong) to easily deposit digital research and scholarship into a stable and well-maintained archive and to promote and provide open access to their research and scholarship.
IDEALS is a joint service of the University Library and CITES.
|Who can use this service||All current campus students, faculty, and staff are generated accounts when they login for the first time. However, only faculty, staff, and graduate students are able to deposit their research within IDEALS. Undergraduate students may have their research deposited on behalf of them by a faculty or staff member.|
|When the service is available for use|| Supported Service Hours
9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday
8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M. Monday through Friday
|What you must have in order to use the service||
* NetID and NetID Password
* Computer with Internet connection
* Web browser that supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Most recent browsers have this feature. Recommended browsers include: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari.
|Where to go for help||
Contact IDEALS Staff
* Resources & Information: http://services.ideals.uiuc.edu/wiki/
* email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* phone: (217) 333-4648
|Dependencies on other services||
* Network Infrastructure
* Electronic Directory (also known as the UIUC PH Server). The Electronic Directory is not a prerequisite for IDEALS authentication to function, but is used to determine a user's authorization level (e.g. faculty, staff, graduate student, undergraduate).
* Active Directory. Active Directory is not a prerequisite for IDEALS authentication to function, but is used to determine user access permissions in some collections within IDEALS.
|Cost||A subsidy provided by the Provost on behalf of the campus allows CITES and the University Library to offer this service to students, faculty, and staff at no charge.|
|How to request changes to this service||Contact IDEALS Staff (see above). You may also provide feedback directly from the IDEALS website.|
|How to find out about changes to this service||Short-term interruptions and permanent changes will be posted on the IDEALS home page. Maintenance announcements will also be posted on the IDEALS home page, as well as the CITES Status web page.|
|Date Created||April 3, 2007|
|Date of last review||March 7, 2008|